Attack of the Villagers
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
You've slain all the heroes and holed up in your castle, but there's something you forgot: The villagers. They're many, they're angry, and they're armed.
Better hire some minions right quick so you don't get a pitchfork through your neck.
Red circle = you.
- Move: WASD/arrow keys / left stick / d-pad
- Attack: A button / spacebar
Green triangles = villagers who want to kill you.
- Try not to touch them, except with your sword.
Yellow ovals = coins which you should collect.
- Grab the villager's hard-earned savings to hire minions or build a castle.
Cyan diamonds = minions.
- They'll kill villagers and collect coins for you, but take a cut from each coin.
Gray square = castle.
- Stay in the castle long enough to strengthen your weapon. This will be much easier if you have a ton of minions to protect said castle.
Minion: X button or key
- Adds a minion to obey and protect you.
Castle: Y button or key
- Builds a castle which you hole up in, sharpening your weapon. When the timer at the bottom of the screen runs out, you get a permanent +1 to damage.
Heal: B button or key
- Sacrifice minions and absorb their souls to get +X to health, where X is the number of minions sacrificed. Each time you heal, the cost goes up by one.
- Stay in the castle until the timer at the bottom of the screen runs out to increase your damage.
- When you die, you get a multiplier for coins picked up... but you also lose all current coins and minions.
- The multiplier is based heavily on Wave, then the number of living minions, and finally coins. Get farther to get a higher multiplier!
- Your current coins and multiplier are saved every second. If you want to reset the entire game, press the R key on your keyboard or Back on the controller.
- Health and damage upgrades are permanent, so be sure to power up!
- If you quit and come back, the round starts over with the same coins, multiplier, health upgrades, and damage upgrades.
- Got yourself stuck or want to experience the game again? Press R or Back on the gamepad to reset your progress to zero.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.